Can we take Rest api as data source in Jasper Soft Community Edition ?

I have built few jasper report in community edition , i want to use data source from REST Api . without server how can we connect REST api as data source ?

jaydeep.das3's picture

6 Answers:

If I donot have JasperSoft Report Server , I cannot use data source as REST API ?
 . If not then only using Apache application server can we  achieve it ?Help PLZ

jaydeep.das3's picture

There's no JasperReports Server REST api without a JasperReports Server. Get JasperReports Server Community edition.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jasperserver/files/JasperServer/

hozawa's picture

If I donot have JasperSoft Report Server , I cannot use data source as REST API ?
Help PLZ .

jaydeep.das3 - 4 years 9 months ago

Jaydeep,

When you say, REST API, what API are you talking about?  Hozawa was talking about a JasperReports Server API that specifies how you can interact with our JasperReports Server.

If you're talking about a REST API from some other source, then its possible to create a data adapter for it.

djohnson53's picture

can you please tell me how to create the data adapter for rest webservice to integrate ?

That's what exactly I want to know. "How" to create a Rest API data source adapter on JRS community edition "if" there is no option in the selection dropdown available while creating a datasource?. Which is possible in case of JasperSoft studio.

Means "How" my reports can fetch data from a RestAPI with JSON response in Jasper server if it doesn't allow us to create Web datasource like studio does?

gautamc.iter - 10 months 2 weeks ago

JasperReports library support JSON data adapter that you can use. There is no difference between community and professional version of JasperReports library.

hozawa's picture

i have create one report with json data adapter as data source , i want to deploy it in the server , how can i?if the json is in remote place then vai any ur can we access it

hozawa 

i have create one report with json data adapter as data source , i want to deploy it in the server , how can i, I mean how to create a json dta source in jasper server ?if the json is in remote place then vai any ur can we access it as data source ?

jaydeep.das3's picture

djohnson

can you please tell me how to create the data adapter for rest webservice to integrate ? 

jaydeep.das3's picture

I think hozawa's answer was on point. I would think that the JSON adapter is a good model for how to go about it. The details about the REST service you want to integrate with would come from that service's API.

djohnson53 - 4 years 9 months ago
Feedback
randomness