We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Chart customizer does not work properly ?

nico-uk

Hi,
I'm using JasperSoft studio and 5.6.0 JasperReports libraries.

I want to customize my chart with a customizer but it does not work properly.
I have a barchart (or stacked) that is evaluated at group time. The barchart can have more or less categories than the others.
So I wanted to resize my chart included in the report with a customizer which calculate the suited size.

Solution : I call the method setWidth() on the JRChart object.

But the fact is that the customizer shifts the result, the chart of a group got the width intended for the chart of the previous group.
The final result gives : 
- The first chart got the initial width designed in the report although the method setWidth() is called at the right time...
- The second chart got the width intended for the first chart, etc...

I tried to fix a size in the method setWidth(), but it shifts the first chart, it has the initial width designed in the report.
I think the method is applied on the "theme" of the chart and not on the instance. 

Why the customizer does not work properly ? Is it the engine or something else ?

Is there another way to do it (the resize of the chart)?

XML Chart included in the JasperReport : 
    <multiAxisChart>     <chart evaluationTime="Group" evaluationGroup="NameGroup" customizerClass="MRChartCustomizer">      <reportElement x="0" y="49" width="2000" height="291" printWhenGroupChanges="NameGroup" uuid="176df2f9-bb95-4d5e-8049-82d37389bcca">       <property name="local_mesure_unitwidth" value="pixel"/>       <property name="com.jaspersoft.studio.unit.width" value="px"/>      </reportElement>      <chartTitle/>      <chartSubtitle/>      <chartLegend/>     </chart>     <multiAxisPlot>      <plot backgroundAlpha="1.0" foregroundAlpha="1.0"/>      <axis>       <stackedBarChart>        <chart evaluationTime="Group" evaluationGroup="NameGroup">         <reportElement x="0" y="0" width="0" height="0" backcolor="#FFFFFF" uuid="61353557-f184-4f76-b3e4-d0c454925ca0"/>         <chartTitle color="#000000"/>         <chartSubtitle color="#000000"/>         <chartLegend textColor="#000000" backgroundColor="#FFFFFF"/>        </chart>        <categoryDataset>         <dataset resetType="Group" resetGroup="NameGroup"/>         <categorySeries>          <seriesExpression><![CDATA["Series"]]></seriesExpression>          <categoryExpression><![CDATA[$F{category}]]></categoryExpression>          <valueExpression><![CDATA[$F{value}]]></valueExpression>          <labelExpression><![CDATA["Label"]]></labelExpression>         </categorySeries>        </categoryDataset>        <barPlot>         <plot/>         <itemLabel/>         <categoryAxisFormat>          <axisFormat verticalTickLabels="true"/>         </categoryAxisFormat>         <valueAxisFormat>          <axisFormat/>         </valueAxisFormat>        </barPlot>       </stackedBarChart>      </axis>     </multiAxisPlot>    </multiAxisChart>[/code]

Method customize() of the customizer
 @Override public void customize(JFreeChart chart, JRChart jasperChart) {  // Get the plot  CategoryPlot plot = chart.getCategoryPlot();  // Set the width  jasperChart.setWidth(plot.getCategories().size() * 10); }[/code]

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic