We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Subreports in detail element with xPath XML datasource

david.eaton

So, I'm apparently trying to do something a little odd with sub-reports?  I'm not sure how most people use sub-reports, but I'm adding a subreport to the <detail> section of my main report.  My main xPath query works fine-- something like the following:

<root_node>    <base_item id="1">        <name></name>        <date></date>        <list_item id="A">            <type></type>            <qty></qty>        </list_item>        <list_item id="B">            <type></type>            <qty></qty>        </list_item>        <list_item id="C">            <type></type>            <qty></qty>        </list_item>    </base_item>    <base_item id="2">        <name></name>        <date></date>        <list_item id="A">            <type></type>            <qty></qty>        </list_item>        <list_item id="B">            <type></type>            <qty></qty>        </list_item>        <list_item id="C">            <type></type>            <qty></qty>        </list_item>    </base_item></root_node>[/code]

With a queryString of:

<queryString language="xPath">    <![CDATA[/root_node/base_item]]></queryString>[/code]

And that works great in the main report.  I can access the name, date, and ID of the base_item just fine.

But what I want is to now have a sub-report for each one of the <list_item>'s that are within each base_item (the actual contents are pretty complex!)
I've tried a few combinations, but to no avail.  What I'd ideally like is to have the sub-report essentially see the <base_item> as if it were the root node.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic