extra white space between detail and summary band #AWS

Hello, 

I have made a report in jasper studio using the detail band and the summary band and I am getting a ton of whitespace between the charts in summary band and the text in the detail band.

I sized both bands to content so I'm not sure why its printing so much whitespace. I think all settings are still at default.

attached are screen shots of how in looks in designer and in preview mode.

Please advise how to fix this.

thanks,

Jon

jonathan_10's picture

I should mention I tried to fit everything in one band and the charts had to shrink too much, so I need 2 bands.

jonathan_10 - 7 years 10 months ago

I tried using detail 1 and detail 2 and now im getting space between the 2 sets of charts which are all in the detail 2 band.

very strange

do I have to change some sizing or padding on the charts??

show 1 more...
Hey Jon, I am unable to see the screenshots.If you enable them I can help you. Thanks Rajesh
rajesh.sirsikar - 7 years 10 months ago

1 Answer:

Hi Jon, I was able to check the screenshot and have one suggestion here. Since the fields "Shopable Pages", "Number of Products" and "Total Dollar Value" have one Value each. It is advised to have them displayed in Title section, rather than detail section. Please move these fields to Title section and check.

Rajesh Sirsikar

www.rajeshsirsikar.com

rajesh.sirsikar's picture

This did not work...
any other ideas?

Hi Jon, After moving the Fields to Title Band, did you remove the detail Band??.

rajesh.sirsikar - 7 years 10 months ago

yes I did.

do me a favor: can you produce a jasper studio report with a title section and summary section similar to this without the white space? When I use 2 charts instead of 4 I don't get the white space.

not sure why this is happening.

thanks

Feedback