We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Pricing format on Cloud

Hi,

I am looking at your cloud solution on AWS. And my question is probably related my ignorance of AWS.

Let's take this pricing:

m1.medium $0.087/hr $0.48/hr $0.567/hr

I'm assuming that the first price is for AWS, the second price is for Jaspersoft and the last is the total. I'm also assuming that based on my volume, I'll want to move to a larger instance.

Is that price for every hour of the month or simply for the hours I'm using the reports.  For example, we have monthly reports that we look for 1 day and then we wait for the next month.  Would the price applies on the 8 hours that we're looking at the reports or the 720 hours there are in a 30 days month?  Does the number of users have any impact on the pricing?

We have our reporting data on Windows Azure (SQL Server), will we be able to connect to get our reports?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is only for the hours that you use the server. So if you only use it for 8 hours a month, you would come out under $10 for the month. The official blurb says "no data or user limits and no additional fees," which sounds to me as if there is no additional charge per user, but I'm not sure.

For getting data from SQL Server, in 5.6 you may need to install the correct JDBC driver. General instructions are here. I don't know whether these have been verified with AWS:

http://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/downloading-and-installing-database-drivers

Once you install the driver you need to set up the connection to your database as described in the Admin Guide. You will also have to ensure that AWS can access your database.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just got my first statement. I may have spent 3 to 5 hours to install and do the basics functions to see how it works, build a simple report. I let it sit since now so I can gather requirements and start working.

You can imagine my surprise to see I got billed 287 hours for last month and another 287 hours for this month. Is there a minimum amount that I didn't see?

What am I missing?