We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

MySQL Stored Procedures in Jaspersoft Studio 5.5.2

t.kernstock

Hi,

till now I used iReport to create my reports. Today I installed Jaspersoft Studio 5.5.2 in Eclipse Kepler SR2

I compiled all reports which works fine now after some problems. But when I look at some reports in the designer I see that there seems to be a problem with stored procedures.

This worked fine in iReport => call getBewerberEDV ($P{UserID}, $P{Sprache})

I can execute the Report but in the query dialog i see a problem that tells me that a SELECT and FROM is needed. Also I cannot retrieve the fields produced by this procedure which isn't very comfortable when creating new reports.

Is this a bug, a missing feature or do I need to change something?

br

Thomas

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I setup a test which was simply a table with data, a stored procedure which simply did a "select * from table", and then I created a report to use the procedure.  My data query is simply "call TestProcedure()".  I received the same error in the data query display that you did stating that select was expected.  However, if I add the fields myself and run the report it does display the appropriate data on the report.  Does your reports have fields populated in Jaspersoft Studio?  If not try adding them.  If so try double checking that the values match the column names returned by the procedure.

Hi,

thanx for the quick answer.

The report compiles and runs OK - but that's not the problem.

Imagine I create a new report with a procedure that returns 20+ fields. Right now I would have to add these fields manually which is tedious and error-prone.  In iReport it was no problem to use procedures in the query window and retrieving the fields adding them automatically !

br

Thomas

• 1 year later...

I am unable to populate fileds in case of mysql procedure call from data & query set. I have to create the fields manually . Is there any way to auto populate the fields in case of procedure call. Even Read fields does not returning anything. My Procedure accepts one parameter. Can someone help ??