We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

count number of occurence in a variable

sonya14ab

Hello.

I'm  using ireport 4.1.1. I created a variable $V{correpondance}, the value of this variable is a the string  "conforme" or the string "non conforme" according to a condition.

Now the problem is that i want to create a chart with two slices that shows the total number of fields  "conforme" and the fields "non conforme". I tried to create a groupe (count) and a variable $V{X} with these properties: 

class: java.lang.integer,  calculation:count, resettype: repot, incrementtype: group, incrementgroup: count, variable expression: $V{count_COUNT}++ 

and set the chart key expression to  $V{correpondance} and the value expression to $V{X} but the chart is not showing the right values.

could anyone help me to solve this problem?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a similar problem, and something like this worked for me:

Create a variable, called something like $V{conforme_counter}, integer class, no calculation function, with expression:

IF(EQUALS($V{correpondance}, "conforme"),1,0)...so if $V{correpondance} is "conforme", then $V{conforme_counter} has value 1, else 0.

Then create another variable, called something like $V{conforme_counter_sum}, integer class, SUM calculation function, with expression:

$V{conforme_counter}....this will add up all the 1s, giving you the number of "conforme" occurrences.

Similarly, create another variable, $V{non_conforme_counter}, integer class, no calculation function, with expression:

IF(EQUALS($V{correpondance}, "non conforme"),1,0)...so if $V{correpondance} is "non conforme", then $V{non_conforme_counter} has value 1, else 0.

Then, create $V{non_conforme_counter_sum}  integer class, SUM calculation function, with expression:

$V{non_conforme_counter}....this will add up all the 1s, giving you the number of "non conforme" occurrences.

Then, in your chart (I'm assuming it's a bar chart), you'll have to create two separate series. The first you can call "conforme", and the value expression will simply be

$V{conforme_counter_sum};

the second series you can call "non conforme", and its value expression will be $V{non_conforme_counter}.

This may be possible without the use of the $V{correpondance} variable; you can key your conforme/non-conforme conditions directly into the "IF" expressions above.

Hope this helps!

M.B.Morgan