We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to use multiple JasperReports Server instances with one Postgresql DB

felded53
Go to solution Solved by mlaspina,

How to use multiple JasperReports server instances with only one centralized Postgresql DB? Another words - let say I have Win server1, Win server2, Win server3 and Win server4.

On windows servers1,2 and 3 I need to install only JasperReport server (Tomcat) with no Postgresql DB, but on windows server 4 I want to install only Postgresql DB.

All Jasper server instances from servers 1,2 and 3 will connect to only one centralized Postgresql DB on win server4. Is it doable?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Yes - you can use the WAR file distribution on server 1 - 3 in order to skip the postgres install and point them to the repo DB on server 4.  This will require you to do the following:

1. Manually install Postgres on server 4.
  2. Manually create the repostiory on your Postgres instance (see chapter 6 of the JasperReports-Server-Install-Guide)
  3. Manually install Tomcat on servers 1 - 3
  4. Use the WAR file distribution to install JRS (see chapter 5 of the JasperReports-Server-Install-Guide)

A word of caution- if you are using a load balancer in front of servers 1 - 3, you have to configure it for 'sticky session'.  Once a session is established, it needs to reamin on the server it started on.

• 2 years later...

Hi Guys,

Can i have full details on 4th point mentioned here."Use the WAR file distribution to install JRS".

How we can deploy war file is it directly from inividual 1-3 server's /jaasper-pro.war file with out using /buildomatica/js-install.sh?

How we can configure same DB repository which on 4th server. Please briefly on this. where we have to configure same DB detials for all JSP instances...

Thanks

Bala