Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

JasperServer - share reports with sub organizations

luca.frisetti

I'm using the JasperServerProfessional 5.5 with the multi tenancy plugin, and I want ask you if in the Repository view,

is there the possibility to share a report with all my sub organizations without put it in the public folder? 

example:

• organizations
  • organization1 (report1)
  • suborganization1
  • suborganization2
  • suborganization3
  • organization2
  • public

so I want share my report1 with suborganization1,2 and 3 , but not with organization2 and I don't want to use the public folder because I didn't found a way to share by organization.

Thanks 

Luca

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Unfortunately, there's no way to share a report between organizations without using public folder.

What you can do is assign all users that you want to share your report with a specific role, place the report in public folder (or a subfolder of a public folder), and then allow access only for users with that role.

Thanks for your reply.

I can assign a role that is the company name and publish this report in public folder.

example:

report1 (permission : ROLE_suborganization1)

report2 (permission : ROLE_suborganization2)

But my problem in this way is that in my application, organization1 user isn't able to assign report roles, because I don't want give him this functionality.

So I can't solve my problem ...

Try the following:

1. Create a folder in Public, e.g. Public > Reports for Organization 1

2. Create a role in Organization 1, e.g. ROLE_ORGANIZATION1

3. Add all users from Organization 1 and its suborganizations to ROLE_ORGANIZATION1 (right there on Manage Roles page in the right pane)

4. For your folder Public > Reports for Organization 1, assign the following permissions:

- ROLE_USER: No access

- ROLE_ORGANIZATION1: Read + Write + Delete

Now the users with ROLE_ORGANIZATION1 will see this folder and be able to put reports there, and users without that role won't have access to the folder. As a bonus, you can revoke access for some users or a specific suborg by unsetting the role from them.