Reloable Jars in Jaspersoft Studio like in iReports

Jaspersoft Community 'Read-Only' as of July 8, 2022

Transition to New TIBCO Community Just Weeks Away

You can still search, review wiki content, and review discussions in read-only mode. Please email community@tibco.com with questions or issues requiring TIBCO review or response.

Greeting.  I am hoping you will be able to assist me with a terrible inconvenience while developing chart customizers in Jaspersoft Studio.

I have downloaded the example code and successfully built it into a jar.  I can put that jar on the classpath in the Jaspersoft Studio project and the results work just as expected.

The trouble comes when I make a change and rebuild the jar.   After changing the customizer and building a new jar the report renders the same.  The new jar is not loaded and an old cached version seemst to be used.

My current work arounds for this are either making a new jar, adding that second jar to the classpath, and then setting the chart customizer to use the class from the new jar or to restart Jaspersoft Studio.  Both of these are slowing down debuggin efforts tremendously.

I have spent some time looking for a solution and I have seen that previously in iReports when you add a jar to the classpath you have a checkbox to make it "reloadable".  I cannot find such an option in Jaspersoft Studio.

Does anyone know of a way that I can easily reload jars in my project?

jasperreportsuser's picture

I have the same problem. Does anybody have a solution?

joh - 6 years 3 months ago

1 Answer:

To solve this isuue you should enable build automatically 

on the top click on project and check build automatically 

a.ali.taha's picture
Feedback