Using JasperServer 5.5 Community Edition
Here is what I did
- Created a role called ROLE_OTHER_USER
- Created a user called testuser and added this user to ROLE_OTHER_USER
- Created a folder under Reports called Other Reports
- Provided "Execute Only" permissions to ROLE_OTHER_USER
- Logged in as testuser and got "Access Denied"
- Changed permission to "Read + Write + Delete" - still "Access Denied"
- Changed root permission to "Administer" - still "Access Denied"
Searched the forums - no convincing answer. Is this feature broken or am I doing something wrong? I don't want to assign testuser to ROLE_USER (it defeats the purpose of creating a new role).
One way of getting around this is to assign testuser to ROLE_USER and then remove access to ROLE_USER to the folder and assign Read access to ROLE_OTHER_USER. Convoluted, but I guess a user must belong to one of the predefined roles.
Posted on March 29, 2014 at 7:26pm
You've done correctly. All users must belong to either ROLE_USER or ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR to login to JasperReports Server.