Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Could not initialize class net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRStyledTextParser

jmikel

Hi all

I just upgrade from Jasper5.0.1 to Jasper5.5.1. But when i run report, i got the error:

threw a JobExecutionException:
org.quartz.JobExecutionException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRStyledTextParser [see nested exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRStyledTextParser]
    at com.lucent.vital.vq.reportserver.quartz.QuartzReportJob.execute(QuartzReportJob.java:156)
    at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:199)
    at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:546)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRStyledTextParser
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.<init>(JRBaseFiller.java:123)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.<init>(JRVerticalFiller.java:88)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.<init>(JRVerticalFiller.java:103)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.<init>(JRVerticalFiller.java:61)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFiller.createFiller(JRFiller.java:179)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.BaseFillHandle.<init>(BaseFillHandle.java:75)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.AsynchronousFillHandle.<init>(AsynchronousFillHandle.java:98)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.AsynchronousFillHandle.<init>(AsynchronousFillHandle.java:68)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.AsynchronousFillHandle.createHandle(AsynchronousFillHandle.java:149)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.AsynchronousFillHandle.createHandle(AsynchronousFillHandle.java:202)

I foundsome solutions on internet: (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3628302/jasperreports-noclassdeffounderror-exception-on-net-sf-jasperreports-engine-util)

"The Sun AWT classes on Unix and Linux have a dependence on the X Window System. When you use these classes, they expect to load X client libraries and be able to talk to an X display server. This makes sense if your client has a GUI; unfortunately, it's required even if your client uses AWT but does not have a GUI (which is my case, generating a report from a web application)

The way to bypass this, is setting a system property java.awt.headless=trueon system startup."

I tried to set in my app:

System.setProperty("java.awt.headless", "true");

But i still got above error.

My report still run sucessfully with Jasper 5.0.1 without any changes.

Do you have another solution to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Tai Hoang

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi hozawa.

I don't use Jaspersoft Studio. I override  some classes from JasperReport library to report my report.

Below list jars that i have used:

jasperreports-5.5.1. jar

commons-beanutils-1.8.0.jar

commons-collections-2.1.1.jar

commons-digester-2.1.jar

commons-javaflow-20060411.jar

commons-logging-1.1.1.jar

iText-2.1.7.jar

jasperreports-javaflow-5.5.1.jar

jcommon-1.0.15.jar

jdt-compiler-3.1.1.jar

jfreechart-1.0.12.jar

poi-3.7-20101029.jar

jasperreports-fonts-5.5.1.jar

I run on window server (64-bit Operating System). My report still run normally with Jasper Library 5.0.1.

Thanks,

Tai Hoang

• 1 month later...

Had the same problem. Apart from few missing dependencies on the way (moved from ant to maven) my problem was fixed by adding            

<dependency>                <groupId>xml-apis</groupId>                <artifactId>xml-apis</artifactId>                <version>1.4.01</version></dependency>[/code]

Apparently JRStyledTextParser is using dependency from xml-apis in the constructor

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

If you're using SYS V init and running in a container such a Tomcat, DON'T start the script directly with:

sudo /etc/init.d/tomcat7 start

That will start it without a clean environment.

Instead, use the service command:

sudo /sbin/service tomcat7 start

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...