Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

How to automatically select 'All' results on a Multi-Select Input Parameter

katherine.vierra

I won't get into the reasons why - because we'd be here all day - but I need to be able to automatically select all the results of a multi-select input parameter without input from a user.   I have the parameter working fine as far as the result set goes, using the following multi-select query:

Select iau.unitorgid from iauser_unitorg iau where iau.IaUserId = 'USER_ID' and iau.unitorgid is not null and iau.unitorgid <> ''

This gives me the list of valid unitorgid values.  Problem is, nothing is selected unless you click 'All' (or set the properties to mandatory, which will auto select the first field only).   I need it to select ALL the values returned programatically.  This Input Parameter is set to invisible, so I don't even want the user to see it much less have to click 'All'.

There has to be a way to do this, I just can't seem to figure out what it is.  I've even tried giving the parameter a default value of All but that does nothing.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

hozawa,

Thanks, but that's not what I'm trying to do in this instance. I've already eliminated the nulls issue. I just want to auto select all the results of the query that builds the input control.

I think I've figured out a way to do it with a really involved nested SQL query in my helper class, so I may not need to get the values from the parameter after all. But, it would be nice to know how...