Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Modifying amount of memory JSS installed as service on Windows

htshozawa

According to JSS Install Guide page 24, the way to increase Tomcat memory size is to modify apache-tomcat/bin/service.bat. This file is called when starting JSS from Start - Start Service but is it called when starting JSS from Windows's Service dialog? I've tried changing the memory size and it doesn't seem like the change takes affect when I view the amount of available memory from Tomcat Management window.

I thought the normal way as outlined in Apache document is to use tomcat7w //ES/jasperreportsTomcat

Did I make a mistake modifying service.bat file?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, there is a section in the JasperReports Server Install Guide PDF called: Section 6.1.2 "Changing JVM Options for Bundled Tomcat as a Windows Service". 

This means a Tomcat put into place the the JRS installer (ie "bundled" tomcat). 

I think you are refering to JRS (JasperReports Server) and not JSS (JasperSoft Studio - it the report creation tool). 

Once the service.bat is modifed, the Windows Service for tomcat has to be removed and then re-installed (as shown in this Install Guide section).