We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

iReport unable to open subreport

isaac.hailperin
Go to solution Solved by isaac.hailperin,

I have a report from opsview (unsing jasper reports) that I would like to modify. So I copied the .jrxml file and the corresponding subreport from the jasper server to my local disk. There I open the .jrxml report file with iReport 5.5.0 to edit it. I try to open a subreport, but iReport tells me it is "unable to open subreport". The file it can not find is in the same directory, and the report works on the jasper server. So I guess I am missing some setting, but I do not know which:

Here is part of my report file:

<property name="ireport.zoom" value="1.0"/><property name="ireport.x" value="0"/><property name="ireport.y" value="137"/><parameter name="isOnJS" class="java.lang.Boolean"><defaultValueExpression><![CDATA[boolean.TRUE]]></defaultValueExpression></parameter><parameter name="subReportExtension" class="java.lang.String" isForPrompting="false"><defaultValueExpression><![CDATA[$P{isOnJS}.booleanValue() ? "" : ".jasper"]]></defaultValueExpression></parameter><parameter name="subReportDir" class="java.lang.String" isForPrompting="false"><defaultValueExpression><![CDATA[$P{isOnJS}.booleanValue() ? "repo:" : ""]]></defaultValueExpression></parameter>[/code]

What do I need to do to make this work? The opsview docu says they tested it with ireports version 4.0.1 - but that will not even load the report for me.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Found it: I need to edit the xml: the value of isOnJS needs to be changed to "FALSE", see also http://docs.opsview.com/doku.php?id=reporting-latest:graphicalreport#repo_versus_local_filesystem.

TThen further down, there is

<subreportExpression><![CDATA[$P{subReportDir} + "DailyAvailabilitySummaryChartByKeyword" + $P{subReportExtension}]]></subreportExpression>[/code]

where I needed to prefix  a slash ("/") to

"/DailyAvailabilitySummaryChartByKeyword"[/code]

sso that it could find the file on the filesystem.

IIf someone knows of a more practical way to design reports and then deploy them, I would be happy to hear about them.