We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Jasper Reports 5.5 missing values on Solaris environment

panicmoment

Hi,

I'm using Jasper Reports 5.5 with iReport designer 5.5.0 to create the reports, all the reports and sub reports are working fine and displaying all the text field when previewed from iReport, the data is coming from a database (Oracle)

When I run jasper reports using my web app locally in windows environment all the text field is displaying correctly, also when I deployed it in our cloud which is Linux based OS, all the test field is displaying correctly, but when I deployed it in our production server which is using Solaris 10 there are some text field that is displaying correctly but some are missing.

This is how I integrated jasper reports in our web app:

Connection connection = dataSource.getConnection();[/code]
JasperReport jasperReport = JasperCompileManager.compileReport(reportPath);[/code]
 JasperPrint jasperPrint = JasperFillManager.fillReport(jasperReport, parameters, connection);[/code]
JasperExportManager.exportReportToPdfFile(jasperPrint, tempFile);[/code]

*reportPath is where the .jrxml file is located

Additional information:

The font name of the text field is Tahoma
The font size of all the text field in 7
The height of all the text field is not lower than 10
Blank when null is checked
Stretch with overflow is not checked
Print when detail overflows is not checked

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a similar issue. The problem was, that we specified the "SansSerif" font-family for our textfields which worked well on Windows, but on Linux did not fit into the boxes anymore, because it uses a different font. So they were rendered blank. We then decreased the font-size of the texts and it worked on both machines.

You specified Tahoma, so basically it should look the same, if the font is available on Solaris as well.
I would still try decreasing the font-size.