We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Can't get Return Values to work.

grahamh

Using Jaspersoft Studio, I am trying to return a value from a subreport. Using the return values option for the sub report I type in the name of the variable from the subreport, the variable name on the main report and select nothing for the Calculation Type. Leave the incrementer blank. Click on finish and the return values field says there is one. Click off this and it says there are none, click back on it says there is one. Go to preview the report then I dont get the data and on returning to the design mode the return values have disappeared.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong. There seem to be people on this forum who are having success with return variables, so I think it must be something I am doing.

Any ideas?

Graham

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks I eventually got it to work, but unfortunately don't know exactly what I did to get it to work. However it seems to work better if I use the button labelled Return Values in the Subreport properties (rather than in the Advanced Properties). 

Anyway with a bit of perseverance I now have a report that is displaying exactly what I wanted.

Graham

• 2 weeks later...