Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Connection refused in Jaspersoft Studio when connecting to Jaspersoft Server on AWS

pawelkosi
Go to solution Solved by abroitman,

Hello everyone!

I am very new to jaspersoft solutions so bear with me, I have what it might seem a very simple problem.

I am using Jaspersoft BI for AWS (hourly), I have downloaded and installed the Jaspersoft Studio and now I am trying to connect it to the Jaspersoft Server but I am getting constant errors when creating new connection.

faultString: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

I cant find any information about this problem, all tutorials assume that you use local installation of Jaspersoft Server.

1. Is there a licence problem somewhere that I am not seeing?

2. What port does the installation of Jaspersoft Server use on EC2 instance - there was no information about it anywhere. I was using port 8080 which i confirmed is open but then I checked my ec2 instance and there was nothing listening on that port.

3. Is there something dead obvious I am missing? This should be an easy step: a.) configure your Jaspersoft Server b.) connect it to your Jaspersoft Studio using the server credentials.

Thanks for any help!

Paul

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
I am also new to jaspersoft. When trying to connect to JasperServer (running on AWS) from Jaspersoft Studio 5.5 I am entering the url that takes me to the Jaspersoft login page, but I get an error 404(not found). The same url works if I just type it into a browser.

• 1 month later...

Hello, I am also new to Jaspersoft AWS hourly and have downloaded Jaspersoft Studio but cannot connect to the URL of the Server instance

xisFault

faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HTTP

faultSubcode:

faultString: (404)Not Found

faultActor:

faultNode:

faultDetail:

{}:return code: 404

<html><head><title>Apache Tomcat/7.0.47 - Error report</title><style><!--H1 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;} H2 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;} H3 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;} BODY {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;} B {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;} P {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A {color : black;}A.name {color : black;}HR {color : #525D76;}--></style> </head><body><h1>HTTP Status 404 - /services/repository</h1><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><p><b>type</b> Status report</p><p><b>message</b> <u>/services/repository</u></p><p><b>description</b> <u>The requested resource is not available.</u></p><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><h3>Apache Tomcat/7.0.47</h3></body></html>

{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HttpErrorCode:404

etc etc

I must be missing something obvious...

Dimitri