We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to set Java parameters like JAVA_MEM_OPTS in Jaspersoft

andre.pletschette

Hello,

I actually have a memory problem in Jaspersoft previews. I often see in online forums to set JAVA_MEM_OPTS. Example:

-server -Xmx3000M -Xms500M -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:-UseThreadPriorities -XX:JavaPriority1_To_OSPriority=127 -XX:JavaPriority2_To_OSPriority=127 -XX:JavaPriority3_To_OSPriority=127 -XX:JavaPriority4_To_OSPriority=127 -XX:JavaPriority5_To_OSPriority=127 -XX:JavaPriority6_To_OSPriority=127 -XX:JavaPriority7_To_OSPriority=127 -XX:JavaPriority8_To_OSPriority=127 -XX:JavaPriority9_To_OSPriority=127 -XX:JavaPriority10_To_OSPriority=127 -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=600000 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=1

My question is how and where do I need to set this kind of parameter?

Thanks for any help...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In Windows, you can use tomcat6w.exe to make this change. But you need to stuff around a little first (assuming you're using the bundled Tomcat)...

Navigate to your JS install DIR, the apach-tomcat folder. Go into the 'bin' folder. In there there's a file called tomcat6w.exe, make a copy of that and rename it to jasperreportsTomcatw.exe.

Right click this file, and choose "run as administrator". In here, go to the Java tab, and you'll see the Java Options listed there. Make your recommended changes here and click OK! (and restart Tomcat of course).

If you're not using the bundled J2EE server, you should read the documentation of your server in use, it'll usually have the methods listed on how to change that.

Not sure at all about the Linux version, sorry, don't have a copy of it running to check with...

Hi Andre,

If you're not using JRS and want to change the memory settings in iReport or JSS, you can change them in the following locations (assuming you're on Windows):

iReport: C:Program FilesJaspersoftiReport-Professional-x.x.0etcireportpro.conf

JSS: C:Program FilesJaspersoftJaspersoft Studio Professional-x.x.0.finalJaspersoft Studio Professional.ini

Steve