JDBC Connection with OS externally identified user.

Hello everybody!

I have to use Jaspersoft ETL to load data to an Oracle Database; the JDBC user must be the same OS user which launches the java etl program.

To do so I created an Oracle user with the clause : IDENTIFIED EXTERNALLY and I can test the connection directly via OS.

I leave blank values for username and password, but when I run Jasper ETL, I receive the following error and cannot connect:

java.sql.SQLException:ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

Does anyone knows how to create a JDBC connection with an OS user?

Thanks!

gbdenaro's picture

hi

i have same issu 

i have install ireport 5.5.0 on my PC with window xp sp3 and i have copy ojdbc14.jar in 

C:\Program Files\JasperSoft\iReport-5.5.0\platform9\lib

and also in

C:\Program Files\JasperSoft\iReport-5.5.0\platform9\modules

when wana create connection it gives an error

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
Level:
    SEVERE
Stack Trace:
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.connection.JDBCConnection.loadDriver(JDBCConnection.java:63)
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.connection.JDBCConnection.getConnection(JDBCConnection.java:126)
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.data.fieldsproviders.SQLFieldsProvider.getFields(SQLFieldsProvider.java:114)
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.connection.JDBCConnection.readFields(JDBCConnection.java:472)
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.wizards.ConnectionSelectionWizardPanel.validate(ConnectionSelectionWizardPanel.java:146)
    org.openide.WizardDescriptor$7.run(WizardDescriptor.java:1357)
    org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:572)
    org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:997)
any one help me??
thanks
asgharali.ntu - 6 years 6 months ago

You do not have the same problem. You're missing the ORACLE Driver.

djohnson53 - 5 years 11 months ago

3 Answers:

I don't believe that the IDENTIFIED EXTERNALLY created users are compatible with JDBC.

djohnson53's picture

Does this mean that I cannot use Jaspersoft ETL with such databases setups where OS Authentication is used? 

I was evaluating Jaspersoft ETL for my team and we use OS Authentication for all our databases. 

also 

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/java.111/b31224/clntsec.htm says that it can be done (or is my understanding incorrect?): look for 

JDBC Code Using OS Authentication

Thanks 

Arya 

arya.chatterjee's picture

Hello,

yes, you can use ETL with OS authentication and jdbc. For Oracle you can use either OCI or Thin drivers.

Note that you can modify the database parameter REMOTE_OS_AUTHENT = TRUE

This parameter is obsolete starting from version 11g R2 (ORA-32004: obsolete or deprecated parameter(s) specified for RDBMS instance – expected – can be ignored.) so it is better to use strong authentication as explained in the link you provided.

Cheers

gb

gbdenaro's picture
Feedback