We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

NullPointerException in TableUtil.getAllColumns

jmcaninl
Go to solution Solved by jmcaninl,

I'm trying to get my first report working. I *think* I have the report setup correctly - simple table being fed by a remote Postgres database. When I preview the report in Eclipse, the results appear with no problem. I then upload the report to my Tomcat container and receive the following error, pasted below.

Worth noting, I'm running JasperStudio 5.5.0, JasperServer 5.5.0, Tomcat 6.0.29, and Postgres 8.4.

WARNING: Parameters: Invalid chunk '' ignored.2013-12-03 12:51:04,146 ERROR RenderViewExceptionInterceptor,http-8081-1:38 - Internal server error occurred. Please contact your system administrator.java.lang.NullPointerException        at net.sf.jasperreports.components.table.util.TableUtil.getAllColumns(TableUtil.java:165)        at net.sf.jasperreports.components.headertoolbar.json.HeaderToolbarElementJsonHandler.getColumnGroupsData(HeaderToolbarElementJsonHandler.java:703)        at net.sf.jasperreports.components.headertoolbar.json.HeaderToolbarElementJsonHandler.getJsonFragment(HeaderToolbarElementJsonHandler.java:231)        at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JsonExporter.exportGenericElement(JsonExporter.java:334)        at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JsonExporter.exportElements(JsonExporter.java:306)        at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JsonExporter.exportFrame(JsonExporter.java:315)        at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JsonExporter.exportElements(JsonExporter.java:302)        at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JsonExporter.exportFrame(JsonExporter.java:315)        at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JsonExporter.exportElements(JsonExporter.java:302)[/code]

I can paste more if needed. I looked in the TableUtil code and tried to trace backwards... I don't have any group data in my table - if I need to provide more info about my table configuration, I can do that as well.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Ok - I think I figured this out, or at least worked around it. I had the table inside a Frame element. Maybe I didn't have the frame configured properly. Once I removed the table from the frame and republished the report, it worked without error.

• 5 months later...