We need to compare the jasperReports Community edition with Enterprise editoin regarding below aspects:
1. Limitation of Community edition for Grid Reports, Aggregation, Sorting of data, Charts, Drill through operations.
2. Whether it is possible to design reports in Community edition using Charts Pro, HTML 5 Pro and Maps Pro
3. Performance of the reports whend data is large (e.g. 1M-10M records or may be more)
4. Can dashboards be designed in Community edition?
Kindly keep us posted on this query.
Yes, using our plugin we can design dashboards in jaspersoft community version.
We have developed a plugin which can work on top of Jaspersoft, known as "Helical Dashboard Insight" using that we can achieve this functionality.
Please visit - http://helicaltech.com/helical-dashboard-insight-1-0/ for more details
Using this we can
- can have dashboard feature in Jaspersoft community edition
- can create any new input parameter, thus not limited to the ones provided by Jaspersoft
- add new HTML, thus controlling color size text font and entire look and feel
- ability to use bootstap themes
- real time charting possible
- add new resources
- ability to have intra panel communication inside a dashboard
- selectively apply input parameters
Get in touch for more details nikhilesh (at) helicaltech (dot) com
The Drill Down functionality in charts seems to be an impossible task in jaspersoft BI suite . Is there an easy way to create drill down charts in BI suite other than creating in iReport . The Ireport Charts seems to be ugly when you compare with the chart types the Reports Server provides .