We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

AWS Jaspersoft Instance

nalla.karunanithy
Go to solution Solved by ogavavka,

Hi guys, im currently testing Jaspersoft. However, after couple of days of created the instance and stack in AWS. When arriving at the login page, only blue screen is shown, no login form anywhere.
Thus i had to delete the stack and create a new one. In the process lost all the previous setup. Why did this happen? how can i prevent the "blue screen only" been shown again?

thanks.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this ever happen again, please check your browser console, you might find a client side error that prevents a page from being fully loaded.

It's also a good practice to check server logs.

BBTW, you can find pre-build ready-to-use JasperReport servers on AWS marketplace, with RDS and RedShift integration...

Hi Udid,

Thanks for your help. However, it has happened again. This time, i realised the blue screen freeze has happened, after i deleted the default users from Jaspersoft. The console is showing no error. However, the HTML has not loaded any content in <body> tag.

It looks like the json response from AWS has incomplete html code.

Please let me know how to solve this. I dont want to restart the CloudFormation again.

thanks.

Hi Udid,

Please see the error log below:

Oct 31, 2013 11:08:10 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher invoke

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception

org.springframework.expression.spel.SpelEvaluationException: EL1007E:(pos 38): Field or property 'tenantId' cannot be found on null

at org.springframework.expression.spel.ast.PropertyOrFieldReference.readProperty(PropertyOrFieldReference.java:205)

at org.springframework.expression.spel.ast.PropertyOrFieldReference.getValueInternal(PropertyOrFieldReference.java:72)

at org.springframework.expression.spel.ast.CompoundExpression.getValueInternal(CompoundExpression.java:57)

at org.springframework.expression.spel.ast.SpelNodeImpl.getValue(SpelNodeImpl.java:93)

at org.springframework.expression.spel.standard.SpelExpression.getValue(SpelExpression.java:88)

at org.springframework.context.expression.StandardBeanExpressionResolver.evaluate(StandardBeanExpressionResolver.java:139)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.evaluateBeanDefinitionString(AbstractBeanFactory.java:1299)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.evaluate(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:210)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:182)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveManagedMap(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:378)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:161)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1360)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1118)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:517)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:456)

at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$2.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:332)

Is this the only way to bring Jaspersoft back? by deleting the stack and recreating?

Mine is the superuser account (username: superuser), and it wasn't deleted. One of the default user had the superuser role which assigned to it, which was deleted. But there was no warning stating not to delete the any account with superuser role??!!

This is not very good guys. I have wasted money on the ondemand aws usage.

• Solution

Ok i was abble to reproduce your error
Cause: absent "anonymousUser"

it`s known JRS bug.

howto resolve it:
Login to AWS JRS Instance using ssh

Stop tomcat
"sudo service tomcat7 stop"

change working folder to buildomatic
"cd /usr/share/jrs_dist/jasperreports-server.................../buildomatic"

Execute import of sample resources
"sudo ./js-import.sh --input-zip ./install_resources/export/js-catalog-postgresql-pro.zip"
this command will import all resources which was deleted after initial state,
if resource already exist - it will skip it (no worries to overwrite something)

Start Tomcat
"sudo service tomcat7 start"

wait 1-2 minutes, try to open JRS UI

Hope this help. Please report your Results.