We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Subreport will not trigger on Java end in Jdeveloper.

Java_Jasper

Hello,

I have a report that is passed a field, said field comes from main report. I can run this report in the iReport Designer and everything works as expected between main report and subreport. When I try and run the report in my application I get a null pointer, since my subreport only has one field which is passed in from the main report can someone tell me why this would be happening?

I was was thinking it might be an order of operations type issue, so I made a $V counter and used a print when expression in order to control the first iteration but no luck. Any help would be highly appricated.

Errors: Could not load object from location : net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperReport

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: After scouring the net I found a helpful tidbit in regards to subreports and Java.

// Declare string

String jasperFile = " ";

// Define String

jasperFile = directory + "subReport name.jrxml    ---Notice the use of Jrxml here

//Load the report templates

JasperReport jasperReport = JRXmlLoader.load(new FileInputStream(new File( jrxmlFile)));

JasperReport subReport = JRXmlLoader.load(new FileInputStream(new File( jasperFile )));

// Compile the report templates

JasperReport jasperReport = JasperCompileManager.compileReport( jsapeReport --pass this in from the load above);
JasperReport subReport = JasperCompileManager.compileReport(
surReport -- pass this in from load above);

//Then you add your subReport in your parameter Map
parameters.put("SUBREPORT_JASPER_FILE", subReport);

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Update --

In iReport under paramaters set the "SUBREPORT_DIR"

• In properties window set the "Paramater Class"  == java.lang.Object

In properties window under "Subreprort Properties"

• set the  Express Class == net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperReports
  • set the Subreport Expression == $P{SUBREPORT_DIR}   -- Notice I am not using the .jasper file here!

This will allow a sub report to be run when using iReport deigner 4.6.0 & Jdeveloper 11.1.2.4 the end result is you have to load the subreport and compile it before sending it to the fill manager using the .jrxml file as opposed to the .jasper file. As this is where it would die during debuggin, it would just null out in the print manager.

Enjoy!   BtW if this worked for you please give me Karma points.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic