Exporting Report to Excel - Multiple pages

Hi guys,

I have created a report having 2 groups and detailed band - overall 3 sections (2 groups+1 detail band).

I have placed 3 different table components in each of the section(2 groups + 1 detail band).

General output of the report : 7 pages (1st 2 pages 1st group output + 3 to 6 pages outuput belongs to another group + and the last page output belongs to detail band).

What I want to do is : I have to display 1st group data in one sheets , 2nd group data in another sheet and the detail band data in one sheet. - in 3 different sheets of same excel file

I have tried below:

1st trail:

selected each of the table comoponent and in it's property set individually for all the table components

net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.sheet.names.1    Name: 1stsheet
net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.sheet.names.2    Name: 2ndsheet
net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.sheet.names.3    Name: 3rdsheet

In the report properties set like this:

net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.one.page.per.sheet
true

2nd Trail:

Along with the 1st trial added/removed - experimented

net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.ignore.cell.border
false

net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.remove.empty.space.between.rows
true

Also experemented with pagination , with out pagination in all the trails.

Also experimented with Tools->Options->Export->Excel properties -> One page per sheet.

Also experimented by giving page breaks after table components in each of the group.

Also did above point in group footers..

I should not go for sub reports -(It's my requirement not to work out with sub reports )

Can some one please help me in this ?

(Quick issue : 3 sections (2 groups+ 1detaliled tab) - 3 table components in each section -7 pages of output in the server- each section output has to go in 3 sheets individually in single excel file)

Many thanks in Advance.

Sadakar

BI developer

sadakar's picture

6 Answers:

just try a page break between ..may be it will help

hishamkmr's picture

To control pages in Excel exports I usually do the following.

1) Explicit page breaks in the report where a new sheet should be created

2) Set the property net.sf.jasperreports.page.break.no.pagination=apply on the report to tell the engine to apply the page breaks. Might also have to set net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.one.page.per.sheet=true

3) Export the report with the non-paginated exporter

4) Use the property net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.sheet.name=<sheet-name> on the first element after each page-break to set the name of the sheet. Can be an expression setting the name based on data.

nicolaifriis's picture

Hi, thank you for repling.

How to display 3 to 4 pages of output of a group in signle page and anthor 4 to 5 pages of output of another band in another signle page ?

Can you please provide some inputs ? Very urgent need.

Sadakar

sadakar's picture

Here is the problem statement in picture format.. please find the image and guide me.

Thanks,

Sadakar

sadakar's picture

If you set the property net.sf.jasperreports.page.break.no.pagination=apply and add a page break first in each band header you should get a new sheet for each page-break. You have to use non-paginated Excel export when running it.

nicolaifriis's picture

Thank you very much...

It has worked well...
:)
but running with another issue when I use this..
Actually I have startdate and enddate parameters in my report.. when I give wrong input controls ( for instance : startdate:7th Sep 2013 enddate 26th Sep 2013) also it is giving 3 pages of output.. i.e., it is printing page breaks when there is no data..

What I would like to see in report is :
When I select wrong input controls it has to show the report is empty
(But it is not happening now as I'm using page breaks)

sadakar's picture

Try a "print when" expression on the page break to only print it when there is data in the section. For example by checking the first value of a field.

nicolaifriis - 6 years 1 month ago
Feedback