We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

iReports - Background/watermark in sub-report does not display

deb.crawford.au
Go to solution Solved by deb.crawford.au,

I'm using iReport 4.5.1 (unfortunately using a later version is not an option) and have a report that has multiple sub-reports associated. In the Background band of the main report, I have placed text to be used as a watermark - this displays fine on each report page. In one sub-report I want to display an additional watermark, so have added an additional text field element in the background band of this report.

When I run the report as a whole, the watermark text for the sub-report does not display, yet when I run the sub-report separately, its watermark text displays fine. Any ideas why this might be happening?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

For anyone who has the same problem, I found that my issue was actually due to having a page header defined on my main report. For some reason that seems to override the background band on sub-reports displaying. I have no idea why and would be very interested to know if anyone is aware of the reason. I was able to work around my issue by removing the page header from the main report.