We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

External database authentication in JasperServer 5.1

dcristea
Go to solution Solved by elizam,

Hello

For the past week I've been struggling to log in using credentials stored in an external database. I have modified and deployed the sample applicationContext-externalAuth-db.xml, as mentioned in the jasperreportsserver-auth-cookbook, but when i try to log in, i get a bad credentials exception. Do you have any suggestion on how to get the external database authentication working ? 

I have to mention that the password is stored as plain text in my external database.

Thank you,

Daniel.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

If you are using plaintext, remove the reference to the passwordValidator bean in externalDaoAuthenticationProvider:

<bean id="externalDaoAuthenticationProvider" class="com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.multipleTenancy.security.externalAuth.db.MTExternalDaoAuthenticationProvider">
        <property name="userDetailsService"><ref local="externalUserTenantDetailsService"/></property>
        <property name="passwordValidator"><ref local="passwordValidator"/></property>
    </bean>

This example is from a pro file - the class might be slightly different in community. So make sure to edit your file & not copy this.

Thank you for your reply. It seems like the root of my problem was an issue with the authoritiesByUsernameQuery. I would like to ask you if there is any way for me to see the "usersByUsernameQuery" and the "authoritiesByUsernameQuery" queries in the jasperserver log.

• 5 months later...