We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to display scientific data in Jasper Reports

wkeeney

Cheers Jasper Reports expert,
I'm a bit new with Jasper Reports so thanks for any help.
We are investigating the use of Jasper Reports Server as our main tool to offer our customers the reporting capabilities they need.  We are a Java shop but would like our clients to mainly interface with JasperReports Server for reporting needs (as opposed to writing a custom app for this).

We have a requirement to display scientific data (signal trace data) that is contained in a BLOB field (it's some standard format but not well known).  I've considered a couple of options:
1) Find some cool out of the box support for this (this seems unlikely)
2) Deploy a custom jar file and reference a method that produces a complete chart displayable via JR Server (It really seems like I should have come across a way to do this by now, but haven't seen it).
3) Deploy a custom jar file to jasper and reference a java method that makes the data understandable to JRServer and use the built in charting capability (We could write any java needed but I'm not sure how to integrate with JRServer).
4) Write a simple servlet to serve up the image we want in the chart (alas, something I understand how to do!).
Question: which of these are real options and have I considered the best options?

Thanks

Wayne.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days