Why is there only one footer band?

Hi,

as far as I understand your design decisions, footers have limitations. One is that you cannot change its height because you need to know how big it is before filling the page. But at least it has a print-when expression which you presumable evaluate for each page.

But why don't you allow multiple footer bands? This would solve a lot of problems for us. One problem is letter paper which has a printed footer with addresses, bank connections etc. on the first page, but not the following pages. On the following pages we therefore need a small footer containing only the page number. On the first page we need a larger footer so we don't overprint the stuff on the letterpaper. The only way for me to solve this is to have multiple footer bands.

Since you are already able to skip footers I believe you would also be able to do that for a list of footers.

PS: Crystal reports can do that also, if it incites you to implement my feature request ;)

PPS: The same question also applies to the Title band, the Page Header Band, the Column Header band, the Column Footer band, and the Summary band.

dmigowski's picture

2 Answers:

I will enter the enhancement request for you.

Regards,

Ilona

ilona's picture
ilona's picture
Feedback
randomness