Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Possible Issue with Overriding the REPORT_TIME_ZONE parameter

katherine.vierra

We are using JasperServer 4.7.   We need to override the value of the REPORT_TIME_ZONE parameter.  I have tried doing in this 2 different ways and jasperserver seems to be ignoring any new values and always going with the default time zone of the jasperserver.  The report runs without error and there is nothing in the jasperserver log to indicate any errors.   Below are the methods I've tried.

1.  From a java class using java.util.TimeZone I sent

reportParameters.put( "REPORT_TIME_ZONE", TimeZone.getDefault() );reportParameters.put( "testparam", TimeZone.getDefault() );  /** this is just to see if it is sending the correct param.

** the information is being sent to the report, because testparam displays correctly on the report screen.  The format is also appropriate as well.  See below.  This is the EXACT value of REPORT_TIME_ZONE if I set the timezone to EST at login.  However, if I set the timezone to PST at login and then run the report - the REPORT_TIME_ZONE still displays as eastern, even though testparam correctly displays the info for PST timezone.

sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfo[id="America/New_York"                           ,offset=-18000000,dstSavings=3600000                           ,useDaylight=true,transitions=235                           ,lastRule=java.util.SimpleTimeZone[id=America/New_York                                                              ,offset=-18000000,dstSavings=3600000                                                              ,useDaylight=true,startYear=0                                                              ,startMode=3,startMonth=2                                                              ,startDay=8,startDayOfWeek=1                                                              ,startTime=7200000,startTimeMode=0                                                              ,endMode=3,endMonth=10                                                              ,endDay=1,endDayOfWeek=1                                                              ,endTime=7200000,endTimeMode=0]                          ]

2.   I know the following has no practical use, but wanted to test -- I added a new single select inputcontrol called timezone that linked to the id REPORT_TIME_ZONE.  I entered the ZoneInfo for several different time zones.  Once again the test completes without error, but the REPORT_TIME_ZONE remains set to the default regardless of what is chosen in the dropdown. 

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic