We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JasperReports Server v5.1 and CAS authentication

tonyg

ok, I am trying to get CAS working with JRS 5.1 again.  I have looked over the latest "auth cookbook' witch is pretty helpful, but I think there are some parts missing and this is what I need help with.

on page 44 of the auth cookbook, it states that defigning "externalDataSource" is optional, but i throw exceptions when I do not defign it.

I think I want this to be an ldap lookup but there seems to be no examples of how to defign it that way.

so my question is, how do i defign "externaldatasource" for ldap lookup and am I on the right track with this?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what your setup is, but you only want to define an LDAP lookup if you have an existing LDAP you want to use for setting roles, organization, etc. 

If you just want to put all your users in the same organization, and have very simple role requirements, you need a different sample file, with simpler setup. See the question: http://community.jaspersoft.com/questions/813938/cas-files-are-not-available-jasperserver51-sample-folder to download these files.