We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

IllegalArgumentException When Creating Ad-Hoc View

psandler70

Brand new to Jasper--just got it installed today and started to evaluate.

I have created a Domain, which consists of four tables (one derived).  I am trying to create an Ad-Hoc view as the next step so I can start tinkering with creating reports.

When I create an ad-Hoc view, I highlight my domain and select "Choose Data . . .", and immediately get the following error (only pasted a small part of the stack trace):

Error Message

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: getObjectType for javaType: null returned null

Error Trace

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: getObjectType for javaType: null returned null at com.jaspersoft.commons.dataset.expr.ObjectTypeMapper.getObjectType(ObjectTypeMapper.java:69) at com.jaspersoft.commons.semantic.impl.SchemaImpl.getObjectType(SchemaImpl.java:453) at com.jaspersoft.commons.semantic.dsimpl.SemanticLayerField.getObjectType(SemanticLayerField.java:132) at com.jaspersoft.commons.semantic.impl.SchemaImpl.addItemsToPOByIdMap(SchemaImpl.java:339) at com.jaspersoft.commons.semantic.impl.SchemaImpl.addItemsToPOByIdMap(SchemaImpl.java:350) at com.jaspersoft.commons.semantic.impl.SchemaImpl.getPresentationObjectByIdMap(SchemaImpl.java:274) at com.jaspersoft.commons.semantic.impl.SchemaImpl.getPresentationObjectById(SchemaImpl.java:284) at com.jaspersoft.commons.semantic.impl.SchemaImpl.getPresentationObjectById(SchemaImpl.java:280) at com.jaspersoft.commons.semantic.impl.SchemaImpl.getPresentationObjectTypeById(SchemaImpl.java:294)

I haven't found anything useful by searching here or googling; although I do see some references to this error, none of them seem to apply to my case.

How can I go about troubleshooting this problem so I can move the evaluation forward?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days