We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How does one access Jasper Report's resources in JavaEE enviroment

Recently i have been working on an online reporting tool that integrates php and Jasper Reports. I designed the reports using IReport designer then compiled them ran and all was well not untill i decided to test them in the JavaEE web application. This report has a reference to an image that seem to bring alot of problems when requesting for the report. Her is the source code below:

response.setContentType("application/pdf");//set the content type to application/pdf

ServletOutputStream out = response.getOutputStream();

InputStream resourceAsStream = getServletContext().getResourceAsStream("/reports/CaltexSales.jasper");

JasperRunManager.runReportToPdfStream(resourceAsStream, out, new HashMap(), connection);

out.flush();

***This works well with reports that do not have image references in them.

Can anyone please show me how to reference the images, they are in the same directory /reports

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<parameter name="LOGO" class="java.io.InputStream" isForPrompting="false">  <defaultValueExpression><![CDATA[]]></defaultValueExpression> </parameter>..[/code]

I think i am going to answer myself, I just had to have a java.io.InputStream as one of my parameters here is the code snippet of the jrmx file.