JasperMobile Android app crashes

Hello,

We have just installed jasperserver 5.0.0 and we would like to run our reports on android devices.

I have imported existing reports form jasperserver 4.2.1 on our new jasperserver 5.0.0 and they run perfectly on browsers. When i try to run them on my android device the jaspermobile app crashes.

I wrote a new report (very simple, no input control, no local ressource) from scratch with ireport 5.0.4 to check if it wasn't due to my imported ones and got the same result, jaspermobile crashes.

The samples reports given with jaspermobile androis app run perfectly on the jasper cloud server .

I am wondering if there is one parameter to activate on server side to be able to run report with jaspermobile on android device.

Any help is welcome.

Regards.

Luc.

horseman's picture
Hi Luc, Could you provide more details about the environment? Are you running a commercial or community server? What types of data sources do the reports use? What types of input controls are being used? There were some web service fixes in version 5.0.1, so I believe we are running that version on the demo server. If it's not too much trouble, can you try using that version instead? It had other bug fixes you might find valuable as well. Thanks, Veronica
vbykin - 6 years 7 months ago
Hi Veronica, I use the community server JS_VERSION=5.0.0 OS_BUILD_DATE_STAMP=20121205 OS_BUILD_TIME_STAMP=0531 For my test i wrote a very simple report - datasource jndi based on a jdbc defined in my context.xml - no input control - straight select * from mytable - simple field text objects only I read many comments on forums dealing with bugs on input controls this is the reason i designed this very simple report with ireport 5.0.4 I will download the 5.0.1 version and give it a try; Thanx for you reply. regards. Luc.
horseman - 6 years 6 months ago
Hi Veronica, It seems that the 5.0.1 community version is not available yet. i didn't find it on sourceforge. Regards. Luc.
horseman - 6 years 6 months ago
show 2 more...

Very informative and interesting to read
I learned a lot from the posts and comments
buy fast soundcloud plays now

cjthekiddo2419 - 4 years 6 months ago

Wow! thank you for this! it's such a useful article. 

<a href="http://soundcloudexperts.com/buy-soundcloud-plays/">buy fast soundcloud plays</a>

chinitalaarnsnie3 - 4 years 4 months ago

2 Answers:

I have downloaded the 30 days trial commercial version 5.1.0 and imported my reports to find out if it was a server or a client problem. My reports work perfectly on my android devices. So as veronica guessed bugs have been fixed on 5.01 and 5.1 versions.

I am looking forward for this versions on the community server.

Luc.

horseman's picture

I'm experiencing the same issues with JasperMobile and after reading your post I tried with the latest 5.1.0 community version of JasperServer.

Same results, JasperMobile still crashes. I hope someone could share their experience if they have used JasperMobile with the community version of JasperServer.

Thanks, Dave

dibanders - 6 years 5 months ago

how to embeeded report into my Andriod MyFirst APP?. could you share me step by step approach.

rajesh.sm - 6 years 4 months ago

Thank you igadzhega for your answer we will wait for next release to test it.

Regards

Luc

horseman's picture
Feedback