Bug in Ireport 5.0.

Hi All, 

I have designed a report in ireport 5.0 , where the query works very fine in the query window. It pulls up proper data from the DB with respect to the default parameters.but if i run the report preview it fails and pulls up  wrong data

88.srivatsan's picture

2 Answers:

I got it fixed with changing the parameters in the table data Source . The mistake was selecting the database fields instead of main report parameters>>

88.srivatsan's picture

Check the From and To date that you are passing in when you run the report.  The date you pass in is likely filtering out the other two records.

mgeise's picture

Thank you for the response . I dint give any input. For default values I'm getting two diff output . In query window it's correct and in report it fails

88.srivatsan - 9 years 6 months ago

Thank you for the response . I dint give any input. For default values I'm getting two diff output . In query window it's correct and in report it fails

instead of this Hardcode your dates in query then check the report. I guess "mgeise" is right.

rmjrao - 9 years 6 months ago
show 3 more...

Thank you for the response. it works very fine if i hard code the dates or use default dates . but if i pass the same default dates via prompt it fails. I wonder where the thing goes wrong . please help

Are you putting the dates into the prompts using the right format? What is your locale and what are you entering into the prompts?

mgeise - 9 years 5 months ago

even if i give USE DEFAULT , it fails for me. I'm in IST and i give I have changed the format options in ireport-> tools->options->compilation-> parameter prompt. but still it shows some random format in the report

88.srivatsan - 9 years 5 months ago
Feedback
randomness