Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Rashmi Nagaraja

I am facing problems with Bar chart of Ireport. In Pie Charts, for legend and legend labels I use 0,1,2 and display values along with their percentages. I want to do a similar thing for Bar Charts. I want to display the value for each bar along its category as below.

http://i.stack.imgur.com/ey4CP.jpg

Across forums, suggestions have been placed to use customizer class. Is there a simpler way to do what I require? If I need to use customizer class, is there a sample available? I am using the latest I report and jasper server 5.0

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Ajinkya. Yes, I unchecked and checked again to get the 'Show Labels' property to get the values and it did work. For the shortest bar, the value doesn't get displayed. I reduced the font size to the possible level('6' to be precise) where users can view the values, but the shortest bar doesn't show the value since it is very small in size. Is there something I need to do so that value is displayed for the shortest bar?

For now there is no 'Show Labels' attribute for the line plot. But you can render the labels visible using a chart customizer:

public void customize(JFreeChart chart, JRChart jasperChart){

LineAndShapeRenderer lineRenderer = (LineAndShapeRenderer)chart.getCategoryPlot().getRenderer();

lineRenderer.setBaseItemLabelGenerator(new StandardCategoryItemLabelGenerator());

lineRenderer.setBaseItemLabelsVisible(true);

}

If it's an XY line chart, use an XYPlot and a StandardXYItemLabelGenerator in the above code snippet.

I hope this helps,

sanda

This works like a charm for Line Charts. Thanks a ton.I had a query for Bar Charts. Show labels works for bar Chart. But the value of the shortest bar doesn't get displayed. I reduced the font size to the possible level('6' to be precise) where users can view the values, but the shortest bar doesn't show the value since it is very small in size. Is there something I need to do so that value is displayed for the shortest bar?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...