Theme issues in IE but not Firefox

Hi all,
I have been fairly successful so far at changing most of my theme and I am almost there,

however Internet Explorer appears to either completely ignore the theme, or on some machines the theme looks fine on the login page, but then once logged in seems to revert to the default theme - and then only the main frame with no header, etc.

I have tried clearing all IE settings, cache, temp files,, history, etc. to no avail.

It's almost as if its completely ignoring much of the CSS ?

In Firefox everyhting is wonderfull - does anyone have any ideas on where to look for a soution? Have you seen this behaviour before ?
The users seem to have no issues with other theme/css driven sites - although this is the only JSP/Tomcat app they use - so I don't know how much of it may be realted to that aspect of JasperServer ?

Any ideas greatly appreciated !

bbaley's picture
apologies - I forgot to mention this is JasperServer CE 4.7 on Tomcat 7
bbaley - 6 years 6 months ago
Try clearing the Tomcat cache ('work directory') and restarting it. It looks like a cache issue somewhere in the wire or in IE.
marianol - 6 years 6 months ago
Marianol, clearing the Tomcat work directory has no effect. I have confirmed this is an issue with both IE7 and IE8 in my environment. Firefox works perfectly. IE just plain does not show ANY off the CSS branding after having logged in - it appears to be displaying the default theme, without any header at all. Bizarre.
bbaley - 6 years 5 months ago
show 2 more...
I have found that I can just force the theme in IE by adding &theme=mytheme to the URL Which makes me wonder what the heck is different in the way the two browsers handle the application with regard to themes/css etc ? This is consistent in IE 6,7, 8
bbaley - 6 years 5 months ago
Additonally - If after logging in, I add to the URL "&theme=MyThem" I get the correct theme in IE. But it does not happen automatically from login page to the main page. SO WEIRD.
bbaley - 6 years 4 months ago

0 Answers:

No answers yet
Feedback
randomness