We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

js-import is crashing: NullPointerException

sebastian_2
Go to solution Solved by tyzimmer,

I have been trying to use the js-import.sh tool to import a server backup that I created from another provisioned  jasper server; however, when I try to use this js-import to load this backup in my new server I get the following error:

2013-02-01 11:46:04,945 ERROR BaseExportImportCommand:45 - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.getInputStream(ZipFile.java:180)
        at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.io.ZipFileInput.getFileInputStream(ZipFileInput.java:70)
        at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.ImporterImpl.getIndexInput(ImporterImpl.java:186)
        at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.ImporterImpl.readIndexDocument(ImporterImpl.java:156)
        at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.ImporterImpl.process(ImporterImpl.java:115)
        at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.ImporterImpl.performImport(ImporterImpl.java:95)
        at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.ImportCommandImpl.process(ImportCommandImpl.java:57)
        at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.BaseExportImportCommand.process(BaseExportImportCommand.java:93)
        at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.ImportCommand.main(ImportCommand.java:43)

Is there something wrong with my configuration of the jasper server? Or what should I do to fix this?

Thank you

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you made sure the import/export utilities are properly configured?  There is a section in the installation guide (should be the last chapter, you didn't post what version you were running) that explains how the utilities are configured.  In short, you need to be sure you have a default_master.properties file in the buildomatic folder, and you need to be sure you have a database driver in /buildomatic/conf_source/iePro/lib.

-Kris

• 6 months later...