Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

how to find sum of time duration in jasper ireport using grandtotal concept

rajaniandroid2012

I have created a report in jasper ireport which will find timedifference  and the sum of all timedifferences  for below table. am getting the output for timedifference. But facing problem when trying to find sum of that .I have used grandtotaling concept where i created a variable 'total' passed the time difference expression 'TimeDiff(updateddatetime,createdtime)'  in that  ,also created a textbox and called the variable 'total' in that . In the preview instead of sum ,iam getting only last value (timediff in this eg:4:17:00)  of the table.

table.jpg.97d6511d3b336ebb6d4c1deeb5ce4003.jpg.

am expecting output as  total difference  =15:46:00 .

Please help me

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the last table column you configured as text field expression $F{timediff(updateddateTime,CreatedTime)}, if I understand your requirement correctly, it should be $V{total} instead. This would aggregate the seconds, you'd need to modify the formatting so that you get the desired output. There might be a more elegant way, however this seems to work:

new SimpleDateFormat("HH:mm:ss").format(new Date((long)($V{total}*1000-TimeZone.getDefault().getOffset($V{total}))))

It is showing 00:00:00, also I have a doubt currently the data type of 'createdtime','updateddatetime','timediff' and 'total time diff' in 'string' format, but variable 'total' is in 'long' format... any thing to be changed in datatype.. the table i have provided is output of the report.along with the column 'timediff', i have to print sum of 'timediff' in summary band.please suggest

• 1 year later...