Report with complex subreport structure: data not always showing

0

Hi, 

I have a report (Jasper Report 4.0.2 but tried with 4.7.1 too) with some subreport inside of it, and another subreport inside each of these ones too. The report ran quite good but recently we saw a problem:

the problem I encounter is that sometimes the FIRST data object in the page rendered by a subreport is blank, it doesn't show any data even if the data is there.

The fact that it was the first element in the band made me thought that it was a problem related to splitting, but I tried every possible combination of split type without success.

I thought it was a problem related to the way subreport deal with threads suspending each other when I saw several fill exception in my stack trace like this one

 

java.lang.InterruptedException
at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:485)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRThreadSubreportRunner.suspend(JRThreadSubreportRunner.java:185)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.suspendSubreportRunner(JRBaseFiller.java:2103)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.addPage(JRVerticalFiller.java:1843)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillPageBreak(JRVerticalFiller.java:1931)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillColumnBreak(JRVerticalFiller.java:1960)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillDetail(JRVerticalFiller.java:736)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReportContent(JRVerticalFiller.java:290)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReport(JRVerticalFiller.java:132)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:946)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:864)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillSubreport.fillSubreport(JRFillSubreport.java:613)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRSubreportRunnable.run(JRSubreportRunnable.java:59)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRThreadSubreportRunner.run(JRThreadSubreportRunner.java:205)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
2012-10-24 15:55:18,645 [subOrariOdg.jrxml subreport filler] ERROR net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRThreadSubreportRunner - Fill 28204380: exception

 

So I tried to switch from JRThreadSubreportRunner to JRThreadContinuationSubreportRunner (using javaflow then) to see if this could solve my problem:

the result was that no more errors where catched by the app but the rendering error was still there! Randomly (for example in the page 4, 16, 22) the first data object being rendered in the band was showing no data

So it seems the stack trace errors are unrelated from the event that I see occurring in the report. 

I tried to read almost every web page regarding the argumnent....without help.

francesco.giusto's picture
Joined: Oct 24 2012 - 2:08am
Last seen: 7 years 3 weeks ago

0 Answers:

No answers yet
Feedback