Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

douglas_000
Go to solution Solved by mdahlman,

Greetings all, 

This is my first time using Jaspersoft, and I am not familiar at all with this product. 

I am trying to connect to Cassandra from JasperReports Server. I went ahead and downloaded the "Cassandra-connector-for-Jaspersoft-bin-0.5.1.zip", but know I am not sure what file (.jar) is the driver. 

Is the "cassandra-jdbc-1.0.5-SNAPSHOT.jar" the driver for Cassandra? Do I need to copy this file to a specific folder? --attached

JasperReportServer-NewDatasource.jpg.a5e65d7f59318a15800ead331a090df9.jpg

Also, I am trying to connect to Cassandra on iReport. I added the Cassandra plugin to iReport (CassandraPlugin-0.5.1.nbm). the Cassadra Connection is showing under the Datasource, but when I try to connect to the cassandra database, I got the error "No Connection". ---attached

iReport-NewDatasource(2).jpg.9944ce2c3bf62ae43514fd3cd3c33d95.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Doug

Post Edited by douglas_000 at 09/20/2012 20:53

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Solution

Normally it's best to start with iReport. I'm not sure why that connection is not working.

Once that's working, then you can get the connection setup in JasperReports Server. The steps needed are listed here:

http://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/cassandra
http://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/jaspersoft-cassandra-jrs

A few links were broken and items mangled in the move to the new community website yesterday. But we're looking into them. Basically, you just unzip that zip file and copy everyting into the JRS directory. Match folders with the same names so you get a new file in bundles and several .jars in the lib directory. (The one you mention is necessary but insufficient.) You also need to remove the the Hive jar files because of a Thrift conflict. I swear that info was on the wiki page... but I don't see it now. To be precise, here's how I "remove" the files on a Linux system.

mv WEB-INF/lib/hive-common-0.8.1.jar     WEB-INF/lib/hive-common-0.8.1.ja_mv WEB-INF/lib/hive-exec-0.8.1.jar       WEB-INF/lib/hive-exec-0.8.1.ja_mv WEB-INF/lib/hive-jdbc-0.8.1.jar       WEB-INF/lib/hive-jdbc-0.8.1.ja_mv WEB-INF/lib/hive-metastore-0.8.1.jar  WEB-INF/lib/hive-metastore-0.8.1.ja_mv WEB-INF/lib/hive-service-0.8.1.jar    WEB-INF/lib/hive-service-0.8.1.ja_

• 7 years later...