Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Jasper Reports Support for .NET web application???

hellosatya
Go to solution Solved by gdmoreno,

I am currently researching for a good PDF generation library which we need to use in our .NET web application. From the internet, I found Jasper reports are powerful library but I am not able to find whether this supports .NET framework or not.

If it supports, Please let me know the details how to use these reports in .NET web application. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Post Edited by hellosatya at 06/21/2012 18:40

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution
If you're runing IIS, and if you're willing to set up JasperReports server, you can set up a Tomcat server somewhere and integrate the two applications. You would probably need to set up a single-sign solution between them to handle the authentication isses. If you're using Active Directory, it should be pretty straightforward. You could set up iFrames, make web services calls (via the SOAP/REST API)  from your .NET web app to JasperReports Server. The advantage of this approach is that you get a lot of good server functionality beyond just the JasperReports library.

If you can't do that, and can only use the JasperReports Java library itself, then you'll have to set up some kind fo .NET -> Java bridge first, which I'm less familiar with.