We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Dynamically calling subreports, compiling subreports in iReport

quiwi

Edit: Added iReport to title, Issue resolved. Thx.

Hi, I'm curious if someone can give me some advice on how to accomplish a task. I am trying to load multiple subreports based off some of my field data. Each subreport is unique and there's ~15 or so possible subreports. (Basically, I'm compiling a summary report for individuals with various subsections depending on which tests they took.)

I naively tried to designated the subreport as:

<subreportExpression><![CDATA[$P{SUBREPORT_DIR} + $F{testName} + ".jrxml"]]></subreportExpression>

Of course this failed when I compiled the report:

Unable to locate the subreport with expression: "$P{SUBREPORT_DIR} + $F{testName} + ".jrxml"".

Any ideas how I could change this around so that it wouldn't fail when compiling? Is it possible to give jasper reports an entire list of subreports to compile and set a flag somewhere to skip the compilation of subreports?

(also a side question)

I tried putting a page break within a list, but I wasn't able to get it to work. Instead I loaded a subreport and placed the page break within the detail section with no problems. Is there anyway to do this within a list? As it is right now, I have a subreport that only contains one section with a line break and a nested subreport.

Thanks!

Post Edited by quiwi at 04/12/2012 15:48

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm an idiot, first I forgot to specify that I was asking about iReport. Secondly, under options->Compilation and execution there's a checkbox "Compile Subreports (if can be found).

Thanks ejhellerattc, I assume you mean just placing a bunch of subreports one after another and toggling them with a printwhen expression. That would also work, but now I'm no longer having any problem with my report.