We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Error When trying to preview a report : NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xpath/CachedXPath

teocali

I'm trying to preview a report using jaspersoft studio. When the "Start report execution" step begin (see the attachment 1), the eclipse process hang on eternally, and the following exception appear in the terminal :

Exception in thread "Thread-10" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xpath/CachedXPathAPI    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.xml.XalanXPathExecuter.<init>(XalanXPathExecuter.java:45)    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.xml.XalanXPathExecuterFactory.getXPathExecuter(XalanXPathExecuterFactory.java:39)    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.xml.JRXPathExecuterUtils.getXPathExecuter(JRXPathExecuterUtils.java:86)    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.data.JRXmlDataSource.<init>(JRXmlDataSource.java:172)    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.data.JRXmlDataSource.<init>(JRXmlDataSource.java:218)    at net.sf.jasperreports.data.xml.XmlDataAdapterService.contributeParameters(XmlDataAdapterService.java:102)    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.contributeParameters(JRFillDataset.java:678)    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.setParameterValues(JRFillDataset.java:593)    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.setParameters(JRBaseFiller.java:1159)    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:802)    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.AsynchronousFillHandle$ReportFiller.run(AsynchronousFillHandle.java:152)    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

The problem appear on Ubuntu 11.10, using the java-1.7.0-openjdk-i386 jvm package or the Oracle distribution. The change is made via the vm option in the .ini file.

I've tested the lasted version of jaspersoft, using the plugin installation in an existing eclipse installation (Indigo SR2 installation) and the standalone distribution (for the version 1.0.5 and 1.0.7). It's seems than the plugin doesn't find the Xalan wrapper plugin.

Sooo, if somebody could help me for this...

Regards,

Teocali

EDIT : test done under Windows 7, with jdk 7 update 2, and both the plugin in an existing eclipse installation and the windows installer for the lastest version. Same symptoms.

Post Edited by teocali at 03/05/2012 15:13

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days