Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Justify BOLD text breaks in PDF view

rdinwiddie

I was using iReport 4.1.3 and just upgraded to 4.5.0 but the issue persists... I have a Static Text box that is justify aligned. Some of the text is italicized using <style isItalic="true" pdfFontName="Helvetica-Oblique"> and this works fine when I do the PDF preview.

The problem is the text that is bolded and justified. ONLY when text is bold, the justify alignment breaks as such:

There are several
lines of text and
they are justified

When I change this text to <style isBold="true" pdfFontName="Helvetica-Bold"> it comes out:

There are several
lines of text and
they are
j u s t i f i e d

Again, this only happens when the text is bolded. I've also tried making a separate static text box and making the entire thing bold, and the same thing happens, so it's not the in-line style tags. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a solution?

In addition, I've found that on one line that is not styled in any way, when I justify the text, the last period moves to the next line instead of staying put. So I get:

officer

instead of just "officer." If I left-justify, it's fine; if I add more text to that sentence, it's fine; but justified, it always puts the period on the next line. It doesn't do this for any other text in the field, and it continues to do it even if I separate out that sentence (which wraps to 3 lines total) into its own Static Text box without anything else.

Post Edited by rdinwiddie at 01/27/2012 22:05

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic