Problems making reports with subreports working

Hi, i have a report with a subreport that works fine on ireport but when i upload it to jasperserver it just fails to work here is the message i get.

"

The server has encountered an error. Please excuse the inconvenience.

Error Message

com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSExceptionWrapper: Resource not found at : lista_clientes_sub.jasper

Error Trace

com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSExceptionWrapper: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Resource not found at : lista_clientes_sub.jasper at net.sf.jasperreports.repo.RepositoryUtil.getResource(RepositoryUtil.java:155) at net.sf.jasperreports.repo.RepositoryUtil.getReport(RepositoryUtil.java:126) at

"

Next i will explain the steps i took perhaps iam doing something wrong.

1. Opened main report using ireport 4.1.1
  2. Using the Repository Navigator, i browsed the desired folder on my jasperserver and made "Add>JasperServer report"
    1. Indicated the current opened report
    2. Defined the Data Source from the repository
    3. Pressed finish and it poped up a window saying that the report as resources attached

I press continue everything seems fine and looking at "Repository Navigator" i can see my main report upload and inside of it there is a folder "resources" where i can see my subreport (jrxml).

But when i try to run it on jasperserver i get the error message.

Iam using jasperserver 4.2.1(installed on a linux machine) and ireport 4.1.1(using on windows)

Thanks in advanced

danielferreira's picture

3 Answers:

Open the main report you uploaded, go in the Subreport properties and verify that the subreport expression is "repo:report_name.jrxml". Sometimes when you upload it in the server, it keeps the local path "c:\\...".
sdemelis's picture

Hi and thank you for your reply,

yes it fails to change the main jrxml to address the sub report as repo:subreport.jrxml, i have already tried to change it before upload to repo:subreport.jrxml.

What happens is:

1. I cant compile it on my ireport (dont know if it is really necessary)
  2. Still i try to upload it to jasperserver, when uploading i get an error "1 - ; nested exception is: javax.mail.MessagingException(...)"
  3. I having the previous error i notice the report was uploaded, but no jrxml exists under "resource" folder at jasperserver
  4. So i upload directly into to "resource" folder the jrxml subreport

when i try to run the main report i get the following error

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRRuntimeException: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Error opening input stream from URL : repo:subreport.jrxml

Hope someone can help me with this problem, thanks.

danielferreira's picture
Finally found out what was wrong, it was thanks to the sample report "Sales By Month" that as a subreport on it, and by analyzing it i came to realize the problem, the wizard suggest the path "repo:subreport.jrxml" and it uploads the subreport with the name "subreport" while in jasperserver the correct path would be "repo:subreport" whithout the .jrxml.

This is the main problem but i most reference that ireport fails to alter the main report path maintaining to local path "c:\\...", i had to alter the main report on ireport to "repo:subreport" then upload them both.

danielferreira's picture
Feedback