We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

setting 'backcolor' in expression logic does not work

anand0303

Hi all,

I am trying to set the backcolor property of a particular field in my report using the following expression:

($F{BUDGETED_HOURS}.equals( "NA" ))? $F{PLANNED_HOURS}:
( $F{PLANNED_HOURS}.equals( "NA" )? $F{PLANNED_HOURS}:
   ( Double.parseDouble($F{PLANNED_HOURS}) >
     Double.parseDouble($F{BUDGETED_HOURS})?
     "<style backcolor='#FF0000' isBold='true'>"
     + $F{PLANNED_HOURS}.toString()+"</style>"
     : $F{PLANNED_HOURS}))

As seen above, I have tried to set both the backcolor and isbold properties. When exported to excel file, I can see the text getting set to bold but cannot see the backcolor getting applied.

I tried setting some more properties like FORECOLOR, UNDERLINE etc.. all of them gets applied except the backcolor.

I am trying to view the exported xls in Openoffice.

For this particular field I have set opaque = true and markup = styled.

The logic for exporting to xls is as below:

JRXlsExporter exporterXls = new JRXlsExporter();
exporterXls.setParameter(JRXlsExporterParameter.JASPER_PRINT,jp);

exporterXls.setParameter(JRXlsExporterParameter.OUTPUT_STREAM, xlsReport);

exporterXls.exportReport();
        bytes = xlsReport.toByteArray();
        response.setContentType("application/xls");
        response.setContentLength(bytes.length);
        response.setHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment;filename=Report.xls");
        out.write(bytes, 0, bytes.length);
        out.flush();
        out.close();

My ireport version is 4.0

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when viewing the report in your internal viewer, is it showing the background color properly? I'm also only seeing 1 "else" statement to your 3 "if" statements -> is that intentional? Could the formula be looking for an "else" statement that doesn't exist?

Hi all,

Thanks for your responses.

The values are getting displayed correctly and the null conditions are also handled properly.

I have set two different properties here: backcolor and isbold. The isbold (and some others like forecolor etc) works absolutely fine. The issue occurs only with the backcolor property.

Regards

Hi,

Please do refer to the attachments below.

I have set a very simple expression in the textfieldexpression property for that particular field:

"<style isDefault='false' mode='Opaque' backcolor='#FF0000'>"
     + $F{PLANNED_HOURS} +  "</style>"

The results of internal preview and the xls generated by ireport using openoffice installed on my machine are attached.

Please advice.

The other workaround I have used is simple but not very comfortable.

I have two cells with same source, one has white background the oher has red backgroud color in property "backcolor". According to value in specified column I show the "white" or the "red" cell using condition in property "print when expression".

Cralevic

current IReport version 4.1.2

Hi Anand,

as I promise I enclose pictures and code. In the final screen I put those two fields to each other.

Do not hesitate to contact me again :-)

Cralevic
Wrote:

Hi Anand,
yep I mean field.
Yes exactly.

Tomorrow I'll post some pictures and code. Those two fields should be on the each other.

Cralevic

current IReport version 4.1.2

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><jasperReport xmlns="http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/jasperreports" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/jasperreports http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/xsd/jasperreport.xsd" name="condition" language="groovy" pageWidth="595" pageHeight="842" columnWidth="555" leftMargin="20" rightMargin="20" topMargin="20" bottomMargin="20">	<property name="ireport.zoom" value="1.0"/>	<property name="ireport.x" value="0"/>	<property name="ireport.y" value="0"/>	<queryString>		<![CDATA[sELECT show,       val  FROM (SELECT 'Y' as show,               sysdate as val          FROM dual         UNION ALL        SELECT 'N' as show,               sysdate as val          FROM dual)]]>	</queryString>	<field name="SHOW" class="java.lang.String"/>	<field name="VAL" class="java.sql.Timestamp"/>	<background>		<band splitType="Stretch"/>	</background>	<title>		<band splitType="Stretch"/>	</title>	<pageHeader>		<band splitType="Stretch"/>	</pageHeader>	<columnHeader>		<band height="42" splitType="Stretch">			<staticText>				<reportElement x="0" y="22" width="100" height="20"/>				<textElement/>				<text><![CDATA[sHOW]]></text>			</staticText>			<staticText>				<reportElement x="100" y="22" width="100" height="20"/>				<textElement/>				<text><![CDATA[VAL]]></text>			</staticText>		</band>	</columnHeader>	<detail>		<band height="21" splitType="Stretch">			<textField>				<reportElement x="0" y="0" width="100" height="20"/>				<box>					<bottomPen lineWidth="1.0"/>				</box>				<textElement>					<font size="10"/>				</textElement>				<textFieldExpression><![CDATA[$F{SHOW}]]></textFieldExpression>			</textField>			<textField>				<reportElement x="100" y="0" width="100" height="20">					<printWhenExpression><![CDATA[$F{SHOW}.equals( "Y" )]]></printWhenExpression>				</reportElement>				<box>					<bottomPen lineWidth="1.0"/>				</box>				<textElement/>				<textFieldExpression><![CDATA[$F{VAL}]]></textFieldExpression>			</textField>			<textField>				<reportElement mode="Opaque" x="100" y="0" width="100" height="20" backcolor="#FF0033">					<printWhenExpression><![CDATA[$F{SHOW}.equals( "N" )]]></printWhenExpression>				</reportElement>				<box>					<bottomPen lineWidth="1.0"/>				</box>				<textElement/>				<textFieldExpression><![CDATA[$F{VAL}]]></textFieldExpression>			</textField>		</band>	</detail>	<columnFooter>		<band splitType="Stretch"/>	</columnFooter>	<pageFooter>		<band splitType="Stretch"/>	</pageFooter>	<summary>		<band splitType="Stretch"/>	</summary></jasperReport>

Hi Cralevic,

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

I will try the way you have suggested and will surely get back to you accordingly.

One small question, are you able to see the backcolor getting displayed if you set the preview type to XLS PREVIEW?

Regards

Hi Cralevic,

Thanks for your wonderful suggestions.

I was able to implement this workaround and could see the backcolor getting set in the exported xls file.

There seems to be an issue with iReport itself when we try to set the backcolor directly using expressions.

I have tested the implementation in OpenOffice. Will test them in MSOffice too.

Will get back in case I need any assistance.

Thanks again.

Regards