How to access Jasper studio in Eclipse

Hi, I have installed Jasper Studio for Eclipse Helios but i dont know how to create the report template file using jasper studio. In others words how to get the jasperstudio perspective in Eclipse. I am in a hurry to finish my project.does anyne help me out..

parthi27887's picture

4 Answers:

Create a new file,  file-new-other select Jasper - Jasper Template, select template file perspective will open for the jrxml.

geekdad74's picture

geekdad74
Wrote:

Create a new file,  file-new-other select Jasper - Jasper Template, select template file perspective will open for the jrxml.

Hey geekded,

I have done as you indicated, however when I come to preview or run my report I am getting this error. I am getting the same error when I click 'get fields', see attached screen-shots.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class net.sf.jasperreports.engine.query.JRJdbcQueryExecuter
    at com.jaspersoft.studio.data.jdbc.JDBCFieldsProvider.getFields(JDBCFieldsProvider.java:61)
    at com.jaspersoft.studio.data.jdbc.JDBCDataAdapterDescriptor.getFields(JDBCDataAdapterDescriptor.java:82)
    at com.jaspersoft.studio.property.dataset.dialog.DataQueryAdapters$5$1.run(DataQueryAdapters.java:256)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

This is a show stopper for now, looking for your response

I appreciate your help,

Makara

josemakara2's picture

that sounds like you are not including the sql driver jar into the project. Did you test the connection to the database on the query designer?

pjamrisk's picture

Hello,

It seems Jasper Studio did not include the jasperreport.jar file in build path.

Please download Jasperreport and include the jar file manually in your project's lib directory also try including mysql jdbc driver.

Regards,

Awaneendra

awaneendra's picture
Feedback
randomness