Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Passing the user to Irerport

jasemilly

Hi

I have created some reports and what I would like to do is pass the username in jasperserver to the actual report.  This would allow me to filter the report for that actual user, I am sure I read that this is possible but I can't seem to find any infomation.

If someone could point me in the correct direction that would be great.

many thanks

Jasemilly

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Trying to get this going and I think I am missing something very basic, if anyone can point me in the right direction that would much appreciated,

From searching the Forum I have

Created a Parameter called LoggedInUser

I have set the parameter class to com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.user.domain.User

I am under the understanding that this is a hidden class and the username should just pull through to the parameter.

But when I try to run the report in Ireport.I get a class not found exception, which kind of makes sense sense the report isn't in the repository.  How can I create this parameter point it at this class, and still test it in I report.  Then get it working when I move the report to the repository??

Sorry if I have been a little stupid and thanks in advance for you assistance this has got me puzzled.

thanks

Jasemilly