Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

TRIED EVERYTHING

Portlight

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, the import-export file format is considered an "internal" format. The purpose is to be able to save off the state of the resoruces in the database repository, and to help with the upgrade to new versions, and to allow moving specific resources from one instance to another.

So, if we drill down into the exported folder or zip we will find that it is not very "user friendly".

It seems to me the purpose you are describing is to get a jrxml (or perhaps all report resources) in order to share it with coworkers?

One other way to get resources is to use iReport Designer. It can connect to JasperReports Server and pull reports into iReport for editing. And then it can re-post an updated report back to JasperReports Server.

It would be very difficult to change the internal format of the import-export file.

One enhancement which is being discussed is to be able to "grab" a jrxml file via the Browser based User Interface. Do you think this would help with the case you are describing?

iReport is not an option for me - however I did find a solution.

1. create my report

2. create a bat file - called it report.bat in which the repository is exported and then JUST the files I want to be available for the client are moved to a rootlevel directory

bat file:

call js-export --uris /ContentFiles/Covington --output-dir D:\ReportsTest

echo moving files to reportTest

move D:\ReportsTest\resources\ContentFiles\Covington\*.csv D:\creditcardpayments

This did exactly what I needed - I then created a scheduled task so that exports are done daily and a record is kept.

works